Moderator: dURka[iT2]

dURka[iT2]
Root Admin
Root Admin
Russia
Loading…

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by dURka[iT2] »

Q: Where i can download the latest version of game?
A: http://update.bruss.org.ru/Garrys%20Mod.torrent

Q: I can't find any executable files in game dir.
A: Full turn off antivirus and reinstall game (or run updater).

Q: Where to install the additional content pack?
A: Content pack installing to game dir (where placed Garrys_Mod.exe/Gmod_Updater.exe).

Q: I was run updater. And it's stuck.
► Show Spoiler
A: Reboot computer >> turn off antivirus >> turn off steam (if you have it) >> run updater (push "PATCH" on updater) >> wait when game start automatically (it may be a long time).

Q: When i connecting to Meta Construct server it's says some thing like: "disconect: password 4+4=?"
A: You must enter in console: password "your answer without quotes" (like this: password 8 ).
Or open file \Garrys Mod\garrysmod\cfg\config.cfg. Then find string whit word: password. And change to password 8 (or add at the end of file: password 8).

Q: The updater keeps telling me that i need tier0_s.dll and then the game starts and then 1 sec later it shuts down..
A: Reboot computer >> turn off antivirus >> turn off steam (if you have it) >> run updater (push "PATCH" on updater) >> wait when game start automatically (it may be a long time).

Q: When i running updater dos-window ends up with an error: FILE NOT FOUND...

Q: When i try connect to most servers it gives message: the server you are trying to connect to is running a newer version of this game.
A: Your game version outdated. Reboot computer >> Turn off antivirus >> turn off steam (if you have it) >> run updater (push "PATCH" on updater) >> wait when game start automatically (it may be a long time).

Q: I installed the Garry's Mod and updated it. Then I downloaded the content pack and installed it. When I started the game, it gives me an error, it said: 'system (vmaterialsystem080) failed during stage connection'.
A: Try reinstall game (not content) above current installation.

Q: My "quit" button doesn't work. It's greyed out, and I can't click on it to quit the game. How do i activate the "Quit" button?
A: You must enter in console: quit every time. Or change video resolution in game.

Q: I press patch on updater and it went to the administrator game updater by durka, suddenly there a pop up message say: "window cannot find 'steamcmd' make sure you typed the name correctly". Help me.
► Show Spoiler

Q: Garry's mod its showing me in map ph_office and other, ERROR, and Squares Black and red. Help Me!!!
A: You must download and install content-pack (http://update.bruss.org.ru/Garrys%20Mod ... ck.torrent over 80GB on disk after install).

Q: The problem is; the "options" menu doesn't fit in the window, because there are too much servers on the mainscreen
A: In game console enter: gamemenucommand "openoptionsdialog" and change your screen resolution.

Q: When i pressed PATCH error message come up: "revloader.exe unable to locate component file msvcr100.dll" I uninstalled and reinstalled but still same could any one be of assistance please thanks alot.
A: You must additionally install:
for 32-bit OS Windows - https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st_x86.exe
for 64-bit OS Windows - https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st_x64.exe

Q: Hello i have a problem when i connect to servers i get the message that says: connection failed after 4 retries please help
A: Because the server is down or so you have a problem with the network (call your internet provider or try off firewall/antivirus).

Q: Hi im new in this "Garrys mode" and i have a problem: "Steam validation rejected"
A: The problem has three causes:
1. Trying to connect to the license server. To play on the license servers, you must purchase the licensed version of the game.
► Show Spoiler
2. Job no-steam emulator locked. Usually it makes antivirus. You must full delete antivirus and reboot computer. Then reinstall game or run updater (and wait when game automatically starts).
3. Your computer time/date too differ with server time. Check and fix your computer time/date.

Q: When trying to install content pack, it tell me "this is not game folder, use another directory", but it is the right folder, it said, Run Setup.exe and install to game dir (near Garrys_Mod.exe/hl2.exe file).
A: Our content pack may install only above our Garrys Mod game build. It can't be install on Garrys Mod game build from other authors on steam.

Q: When I start GMOD this occurs
► Show Spoiler

Q: If I start the game there isnt a Console. I dont know how to join on other Server without the connect "IP" command. Pls help. I need a Console. The Button under the Esc button dosent work.
A: This is well known bug. Try this step: click mouse on menu "Options" >> then push "~" button. It must be work )

Q: When i run the updater its says: "missing steam_api.dll"

Q: Hello! After installation, i rebooted my computer and then I disabled my antivirus and steam and i run the patch. After the patch was done i saw that the game auto started but it couldn't start because of this error: Unable to load .\Steam\Steam.dll. Please edit or comment out SteamDll value in rev.ini. I reinstalled the game but no luck. Can someone help me? I did everything, Reinstalling the game with the antivirus and steam off and anything else! What i should do?
Also you can try: In game dir open file rev.ini >> find string: "SteamDll = .\Steam\Steam.dll" and change to: "# SteamDll = .\Steam\Steam.dll" or delete the string >> Save >> Close >> Run game.

Q: Every time I finish patching, the blue administrator screen gives me this "cannot find .\Garrys_Mod.exe". Any solutions please? Thankyou very much.
A: Someone has deleted this (Garrys_Mod.exe) file. Usually it is antivirus. Try disable antivirus or delete it. Then reinstall/update game.

Q: Actually how can I get gamemodes/models/addons and etc without having Gmod on steam? If through steam, how can I download it?
A: You can download gamemodes from Steam Workshop with http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/. Enter the link of workshop and then "Download".

Q: When i open gmod and click find multiplayer server it is just blank white
A: Thats normal. In no-steam gmod not work server browser. In the main menu there is a text saying "Servers", if you click on it you get a drop-down menu with a couple of cracked Garry's Mod Servers.

Q: The problem is quite simple. When I click PATCH in the Updater, the MS-DOS window opens but prompts me to this:
► Show Spoiler
And right after that, the window closes itself and starts Garry's Mod. Does it mean I already have the last version of the game installed?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a way to change my avatar in Non-Steam Garry's Mod? Can people see it?
A: This steps:
1. Make pic 64x64 pixel
2. Convert to jpg/png/tga/bmp
3. Copy to \Garrys Mod\platform\avatar.dat (whit overwrite)
4. Done
This avatar can see only you.

Q: I have big problem with addons pack... I installed game normally and it launches normal, then i installed addons (all). Game started fine and there was almost everything in addon list, some of them shows only in packs and cannot disabled, one of them is age of chivalry, i cant disable it... Okay i start own game alone and by default i get crossbow that is from age of chivalry i guess and physgun shows only the blue thing that covers my screen... The player model can be changed but in my screen it has hands of two models... aaaaaand i get weird black textures in ttt weapons and no sounds, and nothing new in weapons or vehicles, always only same hl2 weps that is totally messed up. Sorry about english, i hope you can solve this, i dont know what im doing wrong
A: Full delete game and addons (whit manual deleting directory). Then reinstall game and addons (without chivalry). Done

Q: I can't update it because it says: error while downloading option. And the "Patch" button is grayed.
► Show Spoiler
A: Reboot computer >> turn off your antivirus >> try updating. If not helps wait 12-48 hours and then try again updating.

Q: Every time i try to check files it says: "Error while checking Garrys_Mod.exe Error Code 0".
A: Something is blocking access to file. Usually it's antivirus... try turn off it.